Atos Medical invites you to participate in a SpeechPathology.com video CEU course.
- SpeechPathology.com Course #5998 Artificial Larynx: Basic Training
- CEUs/Hours Offered: ASHA/0.1 Introductory, Professional; Kansas DHE, LTS-S1370/1.0; SAC/1.0
If you are already registered with SpeechPathology.com, this course is included with your $99 annual Professional Subscription. No charge for VA SLPs.
Course Learning Objectives
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how an artificial larynx works
the various types of artificial larynges and their features
- Identify factors to consider when selecting the appropriate artificial larynx for the patient
- Explain techniques to facilitate adequate placement, sound transmission and articulation with the artificial larynx
- Describe techniques to facilitate appropriate use of timing and the on/off switch
Course Presenter: Meaghan Kane-Benjamin MA, CCC-SLP
Ms. Benjamin received her MA in Speech and Hearing Sciences from The Ohio State University.
Ms. Benjamin began her career practicing under the mentorship of Carla Gress, PhD and Mark Singer, MD at the University of San Francisco Medical Center. After eight years at UCSF where she specialized in Head and Neck Cancer Rehabilitation, Ms. Benjamin relocated to Chicago where she was clinical specialist for H & N cancer at Evanston Northwestern Hospital.
Ms. Benjamin has directed and participated in numerous seminars and training programs in the area of laryngectomy rehabilitation over the last 19 years of her career. Ms. Benjamin is employed by Atos Medical Inc and is a founding member of their Educational Division.
For more information on other Atos Medical educational services and how you can have LIVE CEU presentations on a variety of topics at your facility, please contact your local Atos Medical Territory Sales Manager or ask for the Educational Division of Atos Medical Inc. at 800.217.0025.