We are seeking a Medical Billing Services Specialist to maintain a timely revenue cycle including collecting on accounts for all of the goods provided by Atos Medical. The Billing Services Specialist is responsible for collection activities at all levels of delinquency up to charge-off; supports all aspects of collections on all accounts including reimbursement from insurance payers and private pay customers.
Join us and give people a voice.
Atos Medical is a specialized medical device company and the clear market and technology leader for voice and pulmonary rehabilitation for cancer patients who have lost their voice box. We design, manufacture and sell our entire core portfolio directly to leading institutions, health care professionals and patients. We believe everyone should have the right to speak, also after their cancer. That’s why we are committed to giving a voice to people who breathe through a stoma, with design solutions and technologies built on decades of experience and a deep understanding of our users.
Job Responsibilities for Medical Billing Services Specialist
Service Center and Patient Financial Services
- Receive incoming calls from customers regarding patient accounts not limited to statements, billing, claims, denials, and all other reimbursement matters.
- Investigate escalated customer billing inquiries and take appropriate action to resolve the account.
- Researches, resolves, corrects, and prevents invoice discrepancies by active interaction with customers and other appropriate staff/departments.
- Routes pending insurance and claims processing matters to appropriate staff for follow up.
- Communicate medical insurance coverage benefits (in network / out of network) including out of pocket responsibilities, deductible, and coinsurance.
- Answer questions regarding the processing of medical claims including denials by insurance companies for products provided.
- Resolve customers’ billing complaints by performing activities in billing cycle not limited to resolving hold accounts, granting adjustments (write-offs), and small balance reviews.
- Prepares and sends correspondence to customer related to invoices and payment history when requested.
- Collaborates with internal staff to resolve account hold due to bad debt.
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visits to solicit payment.
- Complete private pay charges for balances owed via checks and credit card payments.
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers’ financial situations.
- Performs detailed account reconciliations as needed to resolve complex disputed receivable issues.
- Collect on accounts by sending bills or following up on bills with payers via phone, email, fax, mail, or websites.
- Utilizes collection techniques to resolve accounts according to company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure organization receives accurate payment for goods provided according to contracted rates and/or payer fee schedules.
- Respond to Collection agency regarding patient disputes of balances owed on accounts.
- Ensure organization receives accurate payment for goods & services provided according to contracted rates and/or payer fee schedules.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
Data Support & Analytics
- Monitors system dashboard related to patient collections.
- Creates daily reports from the system for patient collection activity.
- Follow up on patient collection report in system.
- Responsible for entering data in an accurate manner, into database including although not limited to payer, authorization requirements and coverage limitations.
- Responsible for the daily claims submissions/printing for all eligible/ready status claims.
- Monitor patient account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Analyze documentation required for billing services and ensure compliance to payer requirements.
- Resolve pending revenue by reconciling received documentation and pending charges.
- Performs extensive account audits and ensures proper billing for services to the accurate payer.
- Ensures proper revenue recognition for billed charges and services moving forward.
Basic Requirements for the Medical Billing Services Specialist
- High School Diploma.
- One (1) year work related in health care administrative, financial, or insurance customer services, claims, billing, call center or management regardless of industry.
Preferred Requirements for the Medical Billing Services Specialist
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree is preferred.
- 2 years of credit/collection experience in DME is preferred.
- Experience with the Brightree system is preferred.
Skills and Abilities for the Medical Billing Services Specialist
- Decision Making
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of medical terminology used in medical billing, current office practices and procedures, and basic math.
- Knowledge of methods for qualifying for funding; collection laws, regulations, and techniques.
Medical Billing Services Specialist
You will be part of an ambitious work environment in which teams work together to continuously grow and develop the business. You will have great opportunities to learn and develop, and you will be offered a competitive salary package and benefits.
Atos Medical is a global leader with Swedish headquarters and more than 15 subsidiaries worldwide. We are committed to living our values: we listen – we inspire – we focus – we engage every day. We connect with stakeholders, involving them in our activities and striving to support and empower our users and each other every day. No matter whom we interact with – users, colleagues, health care professionals, business partners – respect and integrity are at the core of everything we do.
Atos Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Additional benefits for the Medical Billing Services Specialist:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- State of the Art Facility
- Gourmet Coffee
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled